Phoenix Language Services is a quality-driven company whose mission is to advance the development of language access services, by implementing and surpassing the national standards of practice for on-site and remote interpreting services, through the provision of qualified and professionally trained interpreters.
Our current process involves training individuals with fluency in two or more languages with the nationally-recognized 100-hour Core Medical Interpreter Training™ (CMIT™) program.
CMIT™ provides basic yet comprehensive training on the development of interpreting skills, and up-to-date information on the intricacies of the U.S. healthcare system, as well as the current guidelines and regulations related to language access in the United States.
Statistically significant evidence supports the need for 100 or more hours of training to reduce the number of errors and their potential negative consequences.
In addition to CMIT™, Phoenix and its partner, the National Institute for Coordinated Health Care (NICHC), encourage all interpreters to engage in continuing education through workshops and training events, both on-site and online. This allows the interpreter to keep abreast with the most up-to-date information on the most common diseases and medical scenarios that medical interpreters will encounter routinely during their work.
Since 2020, Phoenix is proud to have the following certifications:
- Minority Business Enterprise certification, Eastern Minority Supplier Development Council (EMSDC)
- National Women’s Business Enterprise certification, Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) certification, WBENC
- Small Diverse Business certification, Pennsylvania Department of General Services
- Small Business certification, Pennsylvania Department of General Services